The Quality Assurance Inspector works in a manufacturing facility communicating with and providing support to others in the quality assurance team. Performs the detailed inspection of sheet metal products at various stages of production process to determine and maintain quality and reliability of all products in strict quality adherence to ISO 9001 quality certification requirements.
Position is 50 hour week, 10 hour days, 4am to 2:30pm, M-F
A high level of attention to detail, focused accuracy, accountability, pride in one’s work and team-oriented approach are key components for success in this position. Will accurately record job data, including times and quantities by performing the following duties:
Successful applicant for this position will have worked in a manufacturing or fabrication environment, Have 3+ years in production TIG welding and have TIG welding experience with stainless steel, galvanized and mild steel. This position is full-time, 2ND shift requiring at least 50 hours weekly. Must pass TIG Weld test at interview to qualify for skilled TIG Welder position.
Compensation : $18.00+ DOE (Depending on experience)
Include the following but not limited to:
- Interpreting engineering/customer drawings, customer specifications, samples and job routers to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selecting products for inspection at specified stages in production process, and inspects products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, cosmetic, and mechanical characteristics.
- Recording data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Creating reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards, identifying defect areas and corrective actions where appropriate.
- Setting up and performing destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics, based on customer specifications.
- Performing first article flat pattern inspection checks on a digitizing scanner, identifying acceptable and unacceptable scans.
- Entering data accurately within job time system and time/attendance system.
- Demonstrating accountability for materials used.
- Wears PPE as required and keeps work area clean and well organized.
- Team play displaying high level of interpersonal communication and collaborations
- Participates in the safety program and maintains all safety practices
- 1 + years experience in review, inspection, testing or equivalent. (preferred)
- Knowledge of quality inspection, reporting and assurance process (preferred)
- Experience using computers to log in items and manage data
- Good knowledge of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-stress environment for long hours
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good Communication skills
- High level of speed and efficiency
- Ability to read blueprints
- Reliable Team Player
- Able to work on feet for considerable amount of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred