Compensation Range: $18.00 – $21.00 Hourly, DOE (Depending on experience)
Drives truck to transport materials to and from specified destinations and assiststhe shipping and receiving department by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following but not limited to:
- Verifies load against shipping papers. Drives truck to destination. Verifies and signs receipts for load picked up.
- Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges for C.O.D. shipments. Maintains a professional and attentive attitude when dealing with customer concerns.
- Maintains truck safety inspection and fuel logs
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Makes daily inspections of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and water; drains air reservoirs; and performs routine maintenance of same
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as installing light bulbs, fuses, etc.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in turcks and lays out position of shipment. Determines routing of trucks, according to established schedules and relative proximity of destinations. Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications.
- Loads and unloads cargo or assists others in same. Assures that cargo is properly secured in order to facilitate damage free transport to destination and to eliminate shifting of loads.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles inside and out.
- Reads and applies road map skills and chooses appropriate routes to expedite each day deliveries and pick-ups.
- Prepares product for shipment (when not engaged in driving activity) by palletizing, wrapping, inspecting, packing, or performing duties prescribed by shipping supervisor or manager.
Other duties as assigned.
CLEAN DMV / DRIVING RECORD REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid California driver’s license and a “clean” driving history as reported by the California DMV
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one‑on‑one to customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to read and interpret street maps.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- METALfx offers the following benefits to employees after 90 days of employment:
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Vacation based on continuous employment schedule
- Paid Sick Leave
- Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
200 N. Lenore Avenue
Willits, CA 95490
Join The Team
METALfx fabricates precision parts and assemblies for leading manufacturers across the world. Our manufacturing facility in Willits offers career opportunities with excellent benefits for motivated individuals who enjoy hands on work and strive to be the best.