The Maintenance Specialist is a skilled and experienced maintenance professional responsible for conducting general maintenance and repair under direction of supervision and in conjunction with the maintenance team, applicants are expected to perform services in a manufacturing environment utilizing skills and knowledge in areas such as mechanical, electrical / electronic, hydraulics, carpentry, painting, locksmith or machine servicing, and all additional areas of necessary plant maintenance as needed.
Compensation Range: $18.00 – $21.00 Hourly, DOE (Depending on experience)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following but not limited to:
- Selects and lays out required materials per work orders and verbal instruction
- Sets up and operates tools and machines incidental to operations
- Assists in requisitioning of new supplies and equipment
- Demonstrates accountability for materials used.
- Checks control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains equipment
- Performs wide variety of general maintenance tasks as necessary
- Checks and maintains functionality of safety systems
- Performs cleaning and sanitation activities
- Other maintenance duties as assigned.
- Wears PPE as required and keeps work area clean and well organized.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, participates in the safety program and maintains all safety practices
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high-level. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
- Requires 3 + years experience and success in maintenance role
- Knowledge of trade fundamentals sufficient to perform specialized service and repair work
- Requires ability to work from drawings, diagrams, sketches and verbal instruction
- Skilled and experienced using and maintaining variety of hand and power tools and forklift
- Must possess manual dexterity and physical stamina
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Able to work on feet for considerable amount of time
- Good knowledge of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-stress environment for long hours
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good Communication skills
- Reliable Team Player
- Must work mandatory weekly overtime
- Mandatory overtime on weekends and holidays will at times be required due to the nature of the requirements of the job
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Technical trade school, Two Year Degree preferred
METALfx offers the following benefits to employees after 60 days of employment:
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Vacation based on continuous employment schedule
- Paid Sick Leave
- Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 401K Matching
- Referral Program
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
METALfx fabricates precision parts and assemblies for leading manufacturers across the world. Our manufacturing facility in Willits offers career opportunities with excellent benefits for motivated individuals who enjoy hands on work and strive to be the best.
Join The Team
Our associates share a common goal: To build a quality product that meets or exceeds expectations and is delivered on time. To accomplish this we seek high caliber associates to join our fast paced organization. If this describes you, we invite you to apply to METALfx.