Compensation Range: $15.50 – $16.50 Hourly, DOE (Depending on experience)
Assists in machine shop activities while learning the various operations and job duties; may perform any or all of the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Loads and unloads materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids, or trucks.
- Delivers metal parts or stock to designated work areas for manufacturing.
- Lifts metal part or stock onto machine and secures it on machine table, or holding fixture to assist in setting up machine.
- Feeds metal parts or stock into automatic metalworking machines and removes fabricated part from machine after prescribed period of time or at end of machine cycle.
- Adds coolant and lubricant to reservoirs of machines and lubricates machine parts and ways.
- Sweeps shop floor and collects trash; places trash in dumpsters.
- Removes metal chips, slugs and shavings from surfaces of machines and wipes surfaces of machines to remove excess oil.
- Cleans around work areas. Separates metal shavings, chips, and scrap materials from trash and places them in bins for recycle. Removes burrs or excess metal from fabricated parts.
- Enters data accurately within job time system and time/attendance system.
- Demonstrates accountability for materials used. • Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRES at least 1 year of production, manufacturing, machine operation or mechanical experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION: Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
LANGUAGE: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
MATH: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; manufacturing environment, with impact and automatic machinery; high intensity noise areas are enclosed.
METALfx offers the following benefits to employees after 90 days of employment:
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Vacation based on continuous employment schedule
- Paid Sick Leave
- Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
METALfx fabricates precision parts and assemblies for leading manufacturers across the world. Our manufacturing facility in Willits offers career opportunities with excellent benefits for motivated individuals who enjoy hands on work and strive to be the best.
Join The Team
Our associates share a common goal: To build a quality product that meets or exceeds expectations and is delivered on time. To accomplish this we seek high caliber associates to join our fast paced organization. If this describes you, we invite you to apply to METALfx.